FALL INTENSIVE | BERLIN
with Irena Z. Tomažin and Alessio Castellacci
October 21 - November 1, 2019
The 2-week Intensive is TWIS foundation study program and is structured as a cohesive exploration of the Human Voice and its inherent creativity. The 2 weeks are facilitated by Irena Z. Tomažin and Alessio Castellacci, who share the workshop facilitation each day, interweaving their complementary practices of sound and movement. These practices are organised as an integrated approach to the study of the Embodied Voice.
The program welcomes artist and explorers at different stages of their professional and life process. The priority is given to applicants who share a strong motivation to dive deep in the relationship with their own vocality through intense physical experimentation, and who are open to embrace a state of naked vulnerability towards their own vocal body and to be present to the other participants' process in an empathic way. Our intention is to cultivate a communal space of acceptance and feedback, to reflect the political urgency of developing and sustaining practices of Deep Listening and Deep Caring, while developing artistic craftsmanship. The work is designed to create a safe space in which the innate need to express ourself vocally can thrive, unlocking the energetic blocks that holds our voice.
During the program you are invited to play and experiment with different techniques and approaches:
- somatic approaches to perception, movement and relationship (anatomical study of breath and voice / somatic explorations with guided imagery / Deep Listening meditations / voice release massage in partners)
- breath work
- the art of folk singing (learning how to enter a fine dialogue with songs from East European oral traditions)
- practices of energy activation (Osho dynamic meditations, impulse work)
- principles of Vocal Instant Composition and Voice & Movement Improvisation
- techniques to enter in a state of free associative, embodied thinking (sensorial deprivation tasks / synesthetic perception)
- development of self-reflection and group feedback.
'The process of finding your Voice is a unique experience, that can never be reduced to a specific aesthetic or technique. It is made of endless finding and surrendering, with no arrival point other than the present listening.'
▻▻ The Intensive has a limited amount of 16 places, each application will be received and confirmed until reaching a full group of participants, after that we will not be able to accept applications anymore. Click on the button below to read more about the application process and the course fee.
Photo credits: Darius Bogdanowicz, Tomaz Santl, Rocio Marano, Patrick Beelart, Ksenija Spanec.